Twenty LiesNovember 8, 2008
Lies Children Tell Teachers
- I did the homework but left it at home.
- I came to see you for my detention but I couldn’t find you.
- I work better when I’m sat with my friends.
- I don’t care if you tell my parents.
- I didn’t do anything wrong.
- I can’t afford to buy that (usually a ruler, pen, new planner or shoes)
- I’m never coming to this lesson again.
- I’m allowed to wear my coat.
- I’ve already done that detention.
- I wasn’t talking.
Lies Teachers Tell Children
- That’s really good work.
- If you are being bullied tell your form tutor and they will deal with it.
- The most important thing is that you tried your best.
- It helps to talk about your feelings.
- Violence never solves anything.
- I like you.
- This subject will teach you lots of important skills.
- This is a very good school.
- It is very important that you do homework.
- I like all of the other teachers.